Friday, April 18, 2014

ALLOW GRATITUDE TO HAPPEN

ALLOW GRATITUDE TO HAPPEN
(An Excerpt from my book "Twelve Steps to Inner Peace")

Gratitude is not a concept of the mind. Gratitude arises only from quiet contemplation and observation. Gratitude arises when we move into the space of becoming the observer, noticing every moment of existence, noticing the grace and favor bestowed upon us, noticing the eternal goodness of life, and moving into thespace of joy, love and excitement.
True Gratitude cannot be toward anything as gratitude happens for the All. When we live from the place of immense trust and surrender, every single aspect of life becomes sacred, the breath becomes holy, the body becomes holy, the ground we walk on becomes holy, every created being becomes holy, and every encounter with life becomes a sacred encounter. I am reminded of the words of Thich Nhat Hanh:
“Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet.”
Nature and all of creation have been created to serve us, the Creator is serving us in the most wonderful ways, and do we stop to appreciate the Creator? If only we took the time to truly stay and watch and listen, we would come to appreciate and thank the Creator for all of the kind service given to us. I have noticed that appreciation and gratitude are the greatest portals that take us closer to the heart of the Creator.
At one time during my meditative state I asked the Creator, “How may I serve you more,” and I was stunned and shocked to receive this answer loud and clear:
“Please allow me to serve you.”
My heart wept with the understanding of this powerful message. I understood that I had been keeping a distance from the Creator thinking that I was born to serve the Creator and that I was not worthy to come closer to the Creator. After I received the message, I understood that the Creator was waiting to serve me, to please me with all of the most beautiful things around me in my life, and to keep me in love, joy, and excitement. And here I was, more worried about my service to the Divine by diligently praying and meditating, taking life so seriously, and forgetting to laugh or to be in joy. I realized that the greatest gift I can give the Creator is my joy. The Creator has gifted us this body, mind, the entire planet, and all the beautiful creations on it for us to enjoy and appreciate. The best gift we can give to the Creator is not any physical thing; it is our Joy.
As human parents, when we see our children living happy lives, it gives us extreme satisfaction; it is the same with the Creator.
When we live in gratitude, we see life as endless Joy, and joy is the greatest gift we can give to the Creator.

Blessings!
Premlatha Rajkumar

~ An Excerpt from "Twelve Steps to Inner Peace"
Copyright © 2012 P Rajkumar , S L Christian
All rights reserved.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSY853G
http://amzn.to/X0XIzM

No comments: