Tuesday, December 23, 2014

GENEROSITY

GENEROSITY
(An Excerpt from my book "Twelve Steps to Inner Peace")

If in my consciousness I am holding on to the concepts of suffering, then I have no light to shine for others. If I continue to help people from this consciousness, I will be only giving my attention to their pain. Therefore, my mind would get busy focusing on their anguish and amplifying it. 
You cannot be fully present for people if you are focusing on their pain. Anyone in pain needs to hold the hand of a person who is emotionally strong, happy, and capable to see the best in them and in that situation. Not someone who is projecting the pain thus becoming completely helpless themselves.
I remember one occasion when I had visited with the nuns at Mother Teresa’s “Home for the dying destitute” in India. It so happened on this particular day that they had found a man left to die on the streets. They picked him up, brought him to their center, and proceeded to give him a warm sponge bath. One of the nuns was holding the man while the other was sponging and cleaning him. The man gave a sigh, just closed his eyes, and died in the arms of the nuns. At first they were shocked, but when they realized he had died, they laughed. I was puzzled and asked them about it. The reply they gave me was so profound that I carry it in my heart to this very day. They said that Mother Teresa had shared with them the meaning of their service to humanity. She had said that God comes to us in distressing disguise to trigger the generosity and kindness in our hearts. 

Generosity is a concept; but unless we do an act of generosity, we do not understand what it is. So these nuns understood that the dying man was a definite distressing disguise of God helping them to awaken the generosity and kindness within them. They rejoiced and were thankful for this expansion of consciousness!
When we understand that a benevolent Creator created the world lovingly for us, we understand our experiences of expanded consciousness. And when we understand our experiences, we understand the world and in that understanding, comes Peace.
Blessings!
Premlatha

Copyright © 2012 P Rajkumar , S L Christian
All rights reserved.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSY853G
http://amzn.to/X0XIzM

No comments: