Monday, October 5, 2015

LIFE LESSONS FROM A LITTLE CAT

LIFE LESSONS FROM A LITTLE CAT

On the 8th of August a sweet little cat came up to our patio mewing.  She sat with my husband and I for sometime and she ate the food we offered her.   Many days she comes and sleeps in our patio, many days she is not there.  Our relationship with this beautiful animal is one of unconditional love and freedom.
This is the first time in my life I get to observe and play with a cat, she has reminded me of many life lessons.
She is gifted with so much confidence,  I see her excellent hunting skills, hunting and sometimes playing with small insects, and animals.
Sometimes she runs away with a sock or a towel from the laundry basket,  and plays with it with so much excitement, it is so funny to watch that it makes me crack up with laughter.  She is such a free spirit that she will do whatever comes naturally in the moment.
She is so curious that she loves to explore her surroundings fearlessly. She is independent, she goes missing for days and returns back in a healthy state.
I observe that she is present in the moment, alert and aware, and this skill serves her well to escape enemies or to hunt prey.
I see her snoozing at least two thirds of the day, I feel sleep gives her the much needed energy to hunt.
Everyday she grooms herself well, taking time to lick herself clean completely.  And the most interesting thing I noticed was she cleaned up after she poops,  she digs a hole and poops in it and duly closes with the dug up dirt!  I have never seen any animal do that!  Wow!
This little cat has reminded me about great life lessons of trust, self confidence, independence, playfulness, fearlessness, living in the moment, self care, and cleaning up after oneself!

Animals are wonderful teachers!
Blessings!