Wednesday, May 15, 2013

LOOKING THROUGH THE EYES OF GRATITUDE

LOOKING THROUGH THE EYES OF GRATITUDE
At one time, I became so attached to my mind and its fear stories that I could literally feel fear as a heavy physical thing from my throat to my belly controlling my every action. I continued to pray for help every night before going to sleep. I had a strange dream where I was a body without the head, and I was walking down the street. I saw my body without the head yet I was not in any pain, and I heard a voice telling me again and again to put on the head. I did not understand the dream at that time. The same dream came to me again the next day. I woke up and without opening my eyes, I prayed for the meaning.
“Put on the head of God,” was the answer that came.
The realization was that I was living in so much fear because I was seeing the world through my mind. My soul was asking me to get out of my mind and its fear stories. My soul was asking me to look at the world through the eyes of the Creator – the Creator whose infinite love and wisdom has created nothing other than excellence and eternal goodness around me.
I understood that I was loved so greatly that I was given complete dignity and freewill to create the world around me through my point of view. The vibration of life around me aligned itself to my state of consciousness. This I realized, was the grandest gift that helped me to know myself. It helped me to seek for answers and greater solutions, and it helped me to expand my consciousness as an eternal being of immense potentials.
This experience taught me to rejoice every time my mind showed me something dark, heavy, or fearful, and I knew that it would motivate me to search for greater solutions. I believe that this is true for every human being. As long as I believed the negative concepts about a person or situation from my mind, such as my neighbor should not be so loud, or my child should obey me, or she should not be so unkind, or the weather should not be so hot or cold, I would make it true for me. I would then project it on to the world around me and continue to create it. The Universe around me is so benevolent that it constantly seeks to prove me right.
This powerful realization made me to choose what I want to believe about myself or anyone else. As a healer, I realized that I could only help others when I am able to align myself with the eyes of Gratitude. My thirst to help others was wonderful but I also realized that unless I learn to look at life from the place of gratitude and align myself with my joy, I would not be able to help myself or anyone else.
If in my consciousness I am holding on to the concepts of suffering, then I have no light to shine for others. If I continue to help people from this consciousness, I will be only giving my attention to their pain. Therefore, my mind would get busy focusing on their anguish and amplifying it.
You cannot be fully present for people if you are focusing on their pain. Anyone in pain needs to hold the hand of a person who is emotionally strong, happy, and capable to see the best in them and in that situation. Not someone who is projecting the pain thus becoming completely helpless themselves.

~An Excerpt from my book "Twelve Steps to Inner Peace"
Copyright © 2012 P Rajkumar , S L Christian
All rights reserved.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSY853G
http://amzn.to/X0XIzM

No comments: