Tuesday, July 1, 2014

TRUST THAT ALL IS WELL ALL THE TIME

TRUST THAT ALL IS WELL ALL THE TIME

Whenever the mind stories take over and judge situations or people as good or bad, I remind myself of this beautiful story from my childhood.
This story is about  a king and his wise minister.  The wise minister had immense trust in existence so according to him everything that happened always happened for good.
It so happened that one day the king cut his finger accidentally, the wound was bleeding profusely, the minister saw this and said that it has happened for good.  At this reaction, the king got very angry and he threw the minister in prison.
The next day the king went on his hunting trip without the minister, in the deep forest he was captured by some cannibals who were so excited to offer the king to their deity.  They took the king to their chief, who after examining the king and seeing his cut finger said that he is not good enough to be offered to the deity, so they let the king go. This narrow escape from death made the king so happy, he came back to his kingdom and released the minister from prison and appreciated him for his wisdom and welcomed him back to his position as his royal minister.
The king then asked the minister, "my life was saved by my cut finger but how can you say that your time in prison was good?"
The minister replied, " As I was in prison, I did not accompany you on your hunting trip, but if I had accompanied you, I would have definitely been offered as a sacrifice to the deity as I do not have a cut finger."
The king was enlightened and pleased with the reply and from then on started consulting with his wise minister for all the affairs of his kingdom.
This simple story reminds me again and again to choose and to practice trust and patience in every situation in life.  And through practicing trust and patience life has revealed to me the truth that ALL IS WELL all the time, that life/God/existence  has its own mysterious ways of balancing all things.
Sweet friends let us choose to be in the place of trust and patience even though our mind stories scare us about the things happening around us.
Let us empower ourselves with this powerful affirmation, " All is well all the time."
Blessings!
Premlatha Rajkumar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this story.

Premlatha Rajkumar said...

Thank you J.Riley. Blessings!