Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A QUESTION AND ANSWER


A sweet friend asked me:
Q: Why do we suffer so much in this physical world? What is the purpose?
A: I do not claim to know everything dear one. Sometimes there are no reasons and searching for reasons only brings stress.
All I can say is that pain is an experience but "suffering" because of the pain is a mind story, the mind cannot look at the gifts of the present moment. Whatever we need at any given moment is provided for us benevolently by life, nothing more and nothing less. So everything we need is there for us, not everything we desire.
It is funny to note that the mind is always desiring something other than what is in front of us. So when we completely tie our emotions with the mind and its stories of "suffering" we are paralyzed by fear and worry and we cannot move ahead.
Since I do not like the idea of living in fear, I have chosen to see every pain as a gift, for pain has helped me to create grander visions and greater solutions which I am able to share with humanity. Challenges have made me learn the true meaning of trust and patience.
I feel that we are here in these physical bodies experiencing humanity to fulfill the assignment of our soul. And our soul's assignment is to learn unconditional love in every way possible. And challenges are the doorways to learn and be unconditional love.
Blessings!
Premlatha Rajkumar

No comments: